Juneteenth at Rodney Square was an awesome way to kick off the newly Federal holiday. The 1st annual Juneteenth at Rodney Square Festival was a good time had by all! The event featured performances by KRS-One, Take 6, Richard Raw and the Word Warrior Band, Nadjah Nicole, Twin Poets, Best Kept Soul and more! There were plenty of vendors on hand both good and food. I can’t front, it was kinda hot. And we all had a good time nonetheless.
Had to grab a selfie with the legendary KRS-ONE!
A few things I did learn being out there at this awesome festival.
- Bring sunscreen as I rock a baldy
- Grab a cooler and pack it with water and ice as the lines were long at the food trucks
- Order a canopy for my chair
- Although not a fan, wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt LOL
- Take plenty of pics as time is short and valuable, need a keepsake for those memories.
If you didn’t get there you missed one heck of a show. Rain drizzle and all!